Friday, November 13, 2009
Interdit
As if the French needed to give me any more reasons to think that they are absolutely insane and totally bizarre, I came across a sign the other day that of course one would only find in France. It translated to No Singing in Public. Um . . . excuse me? Can you repeat that please, sign? No singing? I acknowledge that the French are against other normal human activities such as smiling and speaking, but what do they have against singing? Is it even allowed to publicly forbid such an act? I am curious as to who walks around Paris patrolling the singing pedestrians like that's even a job. And you know the French consider that a valid profession too. I don't even know what I would do if a French law enforcement official stopped me on the street and tried to give me a ticket for singing. I wouldn't be able to take him seriously. I legitimately wonder how the French even take themselves seriously sometimes. It's almost as if France specifically creates jobs to suck all the joy and life out of its people: Hi, I'm the no-singing-in-public law enforcer. Oh hello, I'm the man who febreezes the metro station. Hello there, I'm the little green man who picks up all the cigarette butts off the sidewalk. It's no wonder the French always seem so down in the dumps, their faces are always 15 centimeters away from the gutters. But even so, I can't help but to aspire to one day be able to execute such a distaste for life with such eloquence like it's my job. Cos you know that's a job too . . . in France.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good one honey. I was born with a natural disdain for people who take themselves to seriously. Blame it on the Lord! OXOX
ReplyDelete