Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Priorities

So I just finished completely cleaning out my room. My dad and uncle already came and moved out all my furniture and what not but a lot of my clothes and miscellaneous items I managed to collect over the year still remained. So today I boxed up what was left, packed for Hawaii, and cleaned my room inside out. I`m talking scrubbed the floorboards and walls, windowsills, doors, floor, everything. Something that I nevvvvvver do. So now I`m sitting in my completely empty room (except for me, my computer and cell phone) and even though the room is empty now, it feels so much smaller. Then I started to think about it and next year I`m wanting to live in a studio apartment in Paris by myself till I meet people I want to live with. And in all reality, my entire APARTMENT for next year is without a doubt going to be smaller than my ROOM this year. To put it into perspective for you...

My room in my house with 4 other girls: 247 square feet. That does not include the 3 other bedrooms, the two bathrooms, living room, family room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room area, or dungeon.
The average size of a studio apartment in Paris in my price range: 140-160 square feet.

Wow. Talk about downsize. Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living room all wrapped up into a space the fraction of the size of my room. Well, I guess that might be enough space for the necessities; my closet right now is about the same size, I can manage. Besides, who needs a kitchen or bed anyway? Sleeping and eating are soOoOo overrated ! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment